MINUTEMEN YOUTH WRESTLING Scholarship Application Instructions
The Minutemen Youth Wrestling Program will be offering up to $750 in scholarships to eligible high school seniors. Please distribute the application to your seniors for submittal. If you have any questions about the application please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a Minutemen YOUTH WRESTLING Scholarship?
MYW scholarship will provide financial assistance to a high school senior who exhibits excellence in a well-rounded educational and extracurricular program. The scholarship is made possible by the Minutemen Youth Wrestling Program. The scholarship was renamed in 2015, the "CJ McCormack Youth Wrestling Scholarship" in memory of CJ McCormack a former Minuteman, Outstanding High Wrestler, Four year College Wrestler at Roger William's, College Assistant Coach, Assistant high school Coach and Head Coach at Berlin High. This was all accomplished before he was tragically killed in a motorcyle accident in 2013.
Who is eligible for a Minutemen YOUTH WRESTLING Scholarship?
Any current high school senior wrestler who:
· Is enrolled in public or accredited private school and lives in Berlin, CT.
· Has attained at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale for the three previous academic years. (Grades 9, 10, 11)
· Is planning to continue their education beyond high school in an accredited institution of higher education or technical school.
· Wrestled at least two years as a member of his or her high school team.
· Wrestled or assisted at least two years with the Berlin Youth Wrestling Club.
1. The MYW Scholarship Committee will consider the following for purposes of awarding scholarships.
1. Academic Achievement
2. Athletic Achievement
3. Involvement in Minutemen Youth Program
4. Community and or school involvement
5. Essay Content
2. May be used at any institution of recipient’s choice. Education program must be designed to take one or more years to complete.
3. Recipients will be announced in June and will receive a letter from the BYW. A list of all winners will be sent to their guidance counselors. Non-recipients will not be notified.
4. All winners must submit a certificate of admission or a letter of acceptance to the BYW Scholarship Committee by September 1st. No letter, no scholarship.
5. Scholarships can be used for; tuition, books, laboratory fees, other academic costs, and/or room and board when a student is housed under the control of the institution.
6. Scholarship checks are awarded the following year at the end of year banquet of the Minutemen.
7. If a recipient leaves the institution and there are BYW scholarship funds remaining, the recipient will return the balance to the BYW.
8. If the scholarship winner must delay their education for any reason, the scholarship will be held up to 2 years from the date of high school graduation.
9. The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to award this scholarship to an individual who may not meet all eligibility criteria but exceeds in other areas.
For Application Please click link below: